About Cobham RAD Solutions (formerly Aeroflex RAD)
Cobham RAD's 36,000 square foot facility is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Cobham RAD was formerly Aeroflex RAD and was founded in 2003 as Radiation Assured Devices, Inc., initially to serve a select, captive requirement. They acquired the Longmire Laboratory radiation test and qualification facility from ATK (Alliant Techsystems, Inc.) Mission Systems Group in Colorado Springs in January 2007 and was purchased by Aeroflex on June 30, 2010.
Cobham RAD's current capabilities include: Cobham RAD’s current compatibilities include: TID High and Low, Neutron, Flash X-Ray/Prompt Dose Capabilities; Irradiation and Device Testing and qualification per MIL-STD-750 and MIL-STD-883, Method 1019; Enhanced Low Dose Rate Sensitivity (ELDRS) Testing; Radiation Lot Acceptance Testing (RLAT); Focal Plane Array Radiation, Characterization and Cryogenic Testing; Radiation Engineering and Component Qualification Planning; Wafer Lot Radiation Screening, Characterization, and Qualification; MIL-STD-750 and MIL-STD-883 Screening and Qualification of Advanced COTS Devices, and Design Engineering for Radiation Hardened Devices.
Cobham RAD also offers the following support services: Quick-Turn (24-hour) Prototype IC Assembly for test devices and Chip Removal and Re-packaging; Backside Chip Thinning and Re-assembly for Heavy Ion Radiation testing.
Cobham RAD is ITAR registered and ISO 9001:2008 certified. Cobham RAD has obtained Laboratory Suitability from DSCC for all MIL-STD-750 and MIL-STD-883 radiation test methods including 1017, 1019, 1020, 1021 and 1023. We are also the only radiation test facility with two Prompt dose devices, the PulseRAD 112A and an Ion Physics FX25. We are the partner of choice for radiation testing, device qualification and related engineering services. Cobham RAD offers turnkey solutions from the statement of work to final report, or for those who wish to conduct their own tests, facility and source rental is available.
Cobham RAD Europe
Cobham RAD Europe offers test facilities for total dose, electrons, protons and single event effects as follows:
- Total integrated dose: gamma radiation from cobalt-60 sources; dose rates from background to several kGy/hr; in-situ monitoring, temperature control.
- Electron irradiation: from 1 to 20 MeV; doses from tens of Gy to MGy; in-situ monitoring; temperature control; sample handling by conveyor or static positioning under the beam.
- Proton irradiation: displacement damage testing from 0.5 to 10 MeV and SEE testing to 200 MeV; irradiation in vacuum or air; in-situ monitoring; temperature control.
- Helium ion (alpha) irradiation: from 0.5 to 15 MeV; irradiation in vacuum or air; in-situ monitoring, temperature control.
- Heavy ions: SEE testing via third party cyclotrons and accelerators.
- ISO Class 7 (class 10,000) cleanroom available.
Radiation Effects Test Services - Europe
- Click below to download or you may
request mailed copies of our brochure: